PoolTux Inground Winter Pool Covers are available in a 10 and 15 year warranty and are a very common type winter pool cover. Often called water bag pool covers, these inground winter solid pool covers or “Water Bag Covers” are typically held down around the pool with water (tubes) bags along the cover perimeter.
PoolTux covers are made to last using triple laminated polyethylene and heat sealed seams for added strength and durability. All covers are sewn with commercial grade thread for maximum strength with no rust aluminum grommets and material water tube loops on in ground covers. The woven polyethylene core has heavy duty ultraviolet inhibitors for lasting protection against sun degradation.
PoolTux covers are made with the tightest scrim in the industry. The scrim is the weave tightness in the underlying thread construction. The higher the scrim number, the better the quality of the winter pool cover. If you want the best, buy a cover that’s been tested year after year and proven to stand up to the harshest winters. They are built to withstand the elements and the no hassle warranty is there to stand behind it.
- Triple laminated polyethylene with heat sealed seams for added strength and durability
- Woven polyethylene core with heavy duty ultraviolet (UV) inhibitors
- Non-rusting one inch (1″)
- Aluminum Grommets on each corner
- Cover edges have a sewn-in polypropylene cord for added reinforcement
- In-ground covers come standard with 2″ x 12″ water tube loops every four feet
15 Year Warranty Details – http://goo.gl/ZHUY3B
10 Year Warranty Details – http://goo.gl/v0QmMW
Back in days of old there were very few options on safety covers. There was basically just a standard mesh safety cover and a solid safety cover. The solid safety covers were a bear to take on and off of in ground pools. They weighed so much; it typically took 3 people and a “tow truck” to put the cover on. Just kidding about the tow truck. Plus, the old style solid safety covers required a pump to pump any rain water or snow melt off of the cover.
Recently, safety covers have evolved into different grades of mesh and different types of solid covers.
- Economy mesh which is still a good certified safe safety cover utilizes a wider weave and allows a bit more sunlight and just a little bit of fine debris into the pool. This cover is definitely good for those on a tight budget but still want the peace of mind in knowing their pool cover is safe. It’s a great light weight cover.
Examples are as follows:
- Standard mesh is the same as it’s traditionally been. It’s a weave which blocks out approximately 95% of the sunlight which will allow for a much easier spring opening. This cover will also keep most of the dirt and fine sediment from getting into your pool. This too is a certified safe safety cover.
Examples are as follows:
- Extreme mesh is one of the newer types of mesh certified safe safety covers. They are lighter in weight than the solid covers but block out approximately 98% of the sunlight while allowing rain water and snow melt to just pass right through. Only the finest of sediment can pass through this cover.
- Light weight solid covers are the newest breed of certified safe solid safety covers. They block out 100% of the sunlight and come with either a sane mesh drain panel in the center of the cover or sewn into the seam down the length of the cover. Today the safety cover manufacturers will not sell a solid safety cover WITHOUT a drain panel unless you also buy the cover pump. These covers are much lighter in weight than traditional solid covers.
- Full weight solid covers are still offered but not very popular because the light weight version of this cover does a comparable job and the higher grade mesh covers can do almost the same thing.
When it’s all said and done and your compare all of the features and benefits of one cover over another the winner by far is the Extreme Mesh because of it’s weight, sunlight block factor and that it allows water to pass through the cover.
Why should I have a Backyard Vacation?
Economics; save money $$$
Investments made in a backyard vacation are perennial in nature, not annual like an away vacation which will only be the one year. Backyard vacations are there year round.
Come home everyday to your very own, customized backyard vacation area. It’s the outdoor “kid cave” for kids and don’t forget it’s the outdoor “man cave” for me. For mom, it’s a place to sit in the lounge chair and catch up on her favorite book or just enjoy some down time while listening to the kids have fun…. at home
Wouldn’t you rather have your children in your backyard as opposed to six blocks or more down the road? Can you watch out for them from six blocks away?
Your backyard is where the community of children gather. Your backyard, not someone else’s. It’s safer and today, our children more than ever need safety. It gives parents a much stronger piece of mind.
Swimming pools make for a great backyard vacation area. Whether they be #ingroundpools or #abovegroundpools.
Did you know that it is possible to chlorinate your pool without using chlorine? That’s right, Saltwater chlorination is one of the newest waves to hit the backyard swimming pool. There are different types of saltwater chlorinators on the market but they all essentially work the same.
Two of the prominent swimming pool product manufacturer’s Hayward and Pentair, both offer saltwater chlorination units.
Hayward offers primarily two units for residential swimming pools:
1. Salt & Swim 3C -
You’ll get unimaginable Comfort of silky soft water, that won’t turn eyes red. Its more natural approach to chlorination also eliminates the harsh chlorine odor associated with factory-produced chlorine. This is generally used on in ground pools.
2. Aquarite -
AquaRite provides complete pool and spa sanitization using ordinary salt. It converts a small amount of salt – approximately one teaspoon per gallon of pool water – into a virtually endless supply of fresh, pure chlorine. This unit is generally used on in ground and above ground pools.
Pentair offers the same branded unit for both In Ground Pools and Above Ground Pools
1. Intellichlor -
IntelliChlor® Salt Chlorine Generator uses common table salt to produce all the chlorine a pool needs, safely, effectively, and automatically. Same sanitation performance as manual chlorine addition without the drawbacks. No need for customers to buy, transport and store chlorine compounds. Pentair also offers an only salinity calculator so that you will know exactly how much salt you need to add to your pool for the unit to work properly.
Welcome to the blog of blogs about Backyard Vacationing. More Posts to Follow.